What is a Meal Plan?
Your meal plan will auto renew if you live in the following north campus locations: Copeland, Kistler, Robinson, Holton-Hooker, DeVos, Frey, Hills, Johnson, Kirkpatrick, Maple, North C, Oak, Ott, Pew, Pickard, Pine, Seidman, Stafford, Swanson and Weed.
Your meal plan will NOT auto renew if you are an off-campus or commuter student or if you live in one of the following south campus locations: Calder Art Residence, Grand Valley Apartments, Laker Village, Murray, Niemeyer East & West, South C/D/E, and VanSteeland. This also includes Secchia and Winter on the downtown Pew Campus.
MealsMeals give you access to the all-you-care-to-eat Fresh Food Company inside the Commons. Unlimited Fresh Plan, 14+, 10+, 7+, 5+ and 3+ weekly Meals do not roll over to the next week. Value+ and Casual+ Meals are available throughout the semester and will roll to Winter semester.
Dining DollarsDining Dollars may be used at any of the dining locations on campus. Visit our locations page for location information, including Fresh Food Company menus and service hours. Dining Dollars roll over from Fall to Winter semester. Any unused dollars at the end of the Winter semester are nonrefundable and cannot be transferred to the new academic year.
Combo MealsMeals are flexible. When you’d like something other than Fresh Food Company, you can use Meals across campus at various restaurants and convenience stores. Look for the Combo Meal in those loacations and use a Meal to pay for it.
Guest MealsThree guest meals are available per semester with the Unlimited Fresh, 14 Plus and 10 Plus Meal Plans.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available across campus
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members
- Casual atmosphere with wifi, TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- To-go meals - If you’re in the mood for the Fresh Food Company or The Dish but don’t have time to stay, simply request a “To Go” box to fill and carry out. Ask the cashier for details about the sustainable/re-useable containers.
Managing Your Plan
There are two ways you can check your Meal and Dining Dollar balance:
- Request a receipt at time of purchase, your balance is at the bottom.
- Visit the Laker Food Co. Office in 108 Commons, open Monday-Friday 9:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
Have an existing meal plan and Dining Dollars running low? No problem! Add more here.
If you do not currently have a meal plan but would like to add Dining Dollars, you can do so by purchasing a Gift Card.
Gift Cards for Dining
Visit gvsufood.com to purchase online or stop by 100 Commons.
- Meal Plans activate the Tuesday of fall move-in week, August 22, 2023
- First Day of classes: Monday, August 28, 2023
- Meal Plan change deadline for north campus residents: September 1, 2023